Skip to content

2016-02-13; Valentine candy treat box


My stamping friend Tara sent me this cute little box that she cut out using her new machine. I decorated it, filled it with candy and gave it to my sweetie.

2016-02-13 -a

another view….

>2016-02-13 -b

The sentiment is by Hero Arts.

I joined in to play at these challenges
PDE Linky party – Always anything goes
cardzTV box challenge

2016-02-11; freebie sunflower. Big is beautiful!


I made this card back in December 2015 when I was a wee bit tired of Christmas designs. The flower turned out pretty big but I like it anyway. I hope you do too. It’s bright, cheery and who doesn’t love a happy looking sunflower?

2015-12-21   SVGcuts sunflower freebie 032313 (1)

I used some stitched circle dies to cut out the centers using two different colors of brown card stock.

2015-12-21   SVGcuts sunflower freebie 032313 (2)

One more look before you go on about your day….

2015-12-21   SVGcuts sunflower freebie 032313 (3)

Thanks to Maggi for giving me all of the lovely papers that I used to make this card! The flower is so very big that I did not add a sentiment, so I can use it for nearly any occasion!

Have the equipment to cut out svg designs? HERE is the link to the free SVG sunflower design

2016-02-09; Create a Critter 2 & Small Talk


Today’s design takes me back to card making. I think I may have had my fill of journal pages for a bit.

I made this card as a combo of a Valentine’s Day card and a swap card with the theme of “Zoo Animal.” I just happen to have some “beary cute” words to go along with the Koala Bear.

2016-02-08   Create a critter2-small talk (2)

Here is a closer look at the card

2016-02-08   Create a critter2-small talk (3)

And a real close look at his adorable nose. Yes, I did put some crystal effects on it and his eyes.

2016-02-08   Create a critter2-small talk (1)

And one more look at the card before you go on about your day….

2016-02-08   Create a critter2-small talk (3)

And the facts…
scallop mats cut from Elegant Edges Cartridge at 3.25″
Koala Bear cut from Create-a-critter 2 at 2.25″
Word Bubble cut from Small Talk at 1.5″

Thanks for stopping by today!

2016-02-06; A quick ATC


Happy Saturday!

I made up a quick ATC as a tuck-in to go along with a card just now. It turned out cute so I thought I would share.


This is of course a house mouse image, just layered and mounted on an old file folder cut to ATC size. It turned out cute I think.

2016-02-05; 6×6 art journal page


The first side I started with was the sew special side. I painted the background using 2 different lumier paints (kind of shinny metallic looking). Next I letter pressed cardstock using an embossing folder (Tim Holtz) and cut it apart to add as pieces. These were glued down and then rubbed with walnut ink and burnished dry. Then I stamped some tiny buttons, added the texture paste, some metallic rub-n-buff and finally the sentiment stamped on mulberry paper.

side 1
2016-01-30  6x6 art tile (5)

side 1 close
2016-01-30  6x6 art tile (4)

The second side was started out by adding a piece of textured/colored DP. I added gesso and then started taking random swipes with a paint brush across the middle. I think I added 3 colors that way, then dribbled Tulip texture paint. The texture paste was added next and then the sentiment.

side 2
2016-01-30  6x6 art tile (2)

side 2 close
2016-01-30  6x6 art tile (3)

And here is both the front & back side by side so you can see them.

2016-01-30  6x6 art tile (1)

I have good news…the 4×4″ MIA art tiles finally arrived at their destination! As well as this 6×6 tile. They were all in good shape, just delayed in delivery. I’m so glad as I would not be able to recreate them!

Thanks for stopping by today!

2016-02-04; Tag me with a heart swap


Hello Stamper! Today’s project was made for a swap with the theme “Tag me with a heart.” Any tag that features a heart. I really like the tag swaps as I use the tags for fun bookmarks.

I decided to veer away from a Valentine them as everyone is probably doing that. Instead I picked a theme that just had hearts in it. Here is my take…

2016-01-30  Tag me with a heart   Bonnie to Laura (2)

I added a tiny Bakers Twine bow. I put a drop of crystal effects on top of the knot to hold it snugly in place.

2016-01-30  Tag me with a heart   Bonnie to Laura (4)

I cut a few extra hearts, stacked and sponged them for dimension. To make it look nice and shinny I also topped it with crystal effects.

2016-01-30  Tag me with a heart   Bonnie to Laura (3)

And that brings us back to the beginning.

2016-01-30  Tag me with a heart   Bonnie to Laura (1)

2 layers of tag cut from Cricut Cartridge Picturesque at 2-3/4″
Coffee Cup from Cricut Cartridge Love you a Latte at 2-1/2″
Tiny coffee cup with heart (in background) by Stampin Up
Sentiment and coffee beans (background) by The Angel Company (TAC)

2016-02-02; die cut heart & box pattern


I know none of you go to Pinterest to look for ideas however; I do ;-)
I found a really CAS design and saw that the sample also provided a free svg to download and try myself.

Here is what I came up with

2016-02-02 (1)

This tiny heart border is by Hero Arts and is one of the first stamps I ever bought. I never used it much because it is so very crooked on the wood mount I could never get it straight. Of course that was a few years before they came out with stamp positioners. When I brought out the stamps with all the heart images this past weekend I put this little gem to work.

2016-02-02 (3)

And one last look at the card.

2016-02-02 (2)

The pale pink you can see through the heart die cut is the inside card liner.

If you have the equipment and are interested in the free die cut here is the

Link to heart and a matching pillow box:


Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 263 other followers