Skip to content

2017-07-09; butterfly tag & Dylusions Ink Spray

2017/07/09

My new tag dies at work again for today’s sample. I used the larges tag and die cut from watercolor paper. I dropped the tag into a box I keep for spraying inks. The first spay was of water and then followed up by a teal blue while still wet. I left the tag in the box to let dry overnight so the ink pooled as it would. This is just one color of the ink and the variations caused by the way water was laying on the paper.

To form the larger back ground tag, I cut a 2nd piece of watercolor paper by hand so that it would serve at the background mat. I decided it should have matching color. I again dropped the tag into the spray box only this time just spraying with ink only (no water). It’s a pretty big difference in color from the other tag.

2017-07-05 (2)

I stamped the now dry background with a text stamp by stampin up and while ink was still wet used a dusting brush to soften and spread the ink. I stamped the flower image (Unity Stamp Company) in watermark ink and then embossed in gold. The mounded drops of white are liquid pearls. You may also see a drop of two of glitter glue.

2017-07-05 (5)

I finished off the tag by splattering cream color acrylic paint over-all.

Thanks for stopping by today. Hopefully I start putting the other size tags to use!

Advertisements
No comments yet

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: