Skip to content

2016-01-26; Art Journal page #5

2016/01/26

My partner has now received page 5 of our swap.  Hopefully 3 and 4 will find their way to her.  I’m a little worried as they were mailed out prior to this page.

Here  is side 1: spots page.  I started out putting dots of masking fluid on.  next I added distress ink and sprayed.  I tipped the page this way and that until it was full of color.

2016-01-14 (3)

I also added white picket fence distress ink but didn’t move it around. I let it dry right where it was.

The rubber stamped circles in gold were added and then I rubbed the masking fluid off. Finally the sentiment.

F2016-01-14 (4)

Side 2 was created using walnut stain. I sprayed 3 times and then added a spray of water between each spray. I got this rich brown color. Once that was dry I added the texture paste.

2016-01-14 (6)

When the texture paste was dry I pounced it with ink. To create the animal print look I used a fan brush and pounced the ink over all. When it was dry I brushed glitter glue over the raised texture paste.

2016-01-14 (5)

And so you can see both sides, side by side.

2016-01-14 (2)

I am keeping my fingers crossed that pages 3 & 4 have not disappeared forever…

Advertisements
No comments yet

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: