2015-10-23 Classically Modern Cards Fall Sunflower
My card this morning started out as a failure. I cut the card base (aka Sunflower tag) from the Cricut Cartridge Classically Modern Cards at 4.25″; thinking that this would be a full size card. Well duh. No it didn’t. Operator error. It cut it out tag sized. I was going to dump the whole thing and try again but decided to give it a go. It just goes to show that even though you think it’s a disaster go ahead and finish off what you started. You might just be surprised at the result.
This angle shows the texture. Flower Soft and some glitter was added to the flower center. The gold foil is embossed with a leaf embossing folder. I tried to add alcohol inks to the foil after embossing but it faded away. Since I was doing all of this craft business before leaving for the morning commute, I just let it be and moved on. I used a piece of fun foam to pop the now tag size sunflower up to mount on the card…you can see just a bit of it from this low down angle.
I die cut the sentiment using a Spellbinder tag die set and acrylic stamps. I added the crimped leaves just as an afterthought. I think now that maybe I should have left them off. From this angle you can see just a hint of the alcohol ink that faded. I guess I’m going to have to review how to use them or at least find the blending solution.
And one last look at this mornings card before you go on about your day…
I will have to give this cartridge another try, this time cutting out the full card base 😉