Skip to content

2015-01-14; Scrappling card….Planting seeds

2015/01/14

Here are today’s supplies:
Large Marianna Vine Background by Poppystamps; Woodland branch by Memorybox; Birds One by Spellbinders Media Mixage; sentiment by Jillian Vance Design; Pine tree embossing folder by Tim Holtz; assorted distress stains and scraps of card stock & scrapbook papers.

2015-01-14 (7)

I cut the bird from craft card stock and a scrap of preprinted scrapbook paper. Using a stylus I added feathering, sponged color around the edges, blackened the beak and added an eye. The wing is popped up using 3-d mounting tape.

2015-01-14 (5)

The verse is by Jillian Vance design and I’ve never even opened this set before. So send out a cheer for me using my supplies. I won this set for a on-line contest for a card I’d entered.

2015-01-14 (6)

This is actually a card made totally from scraps; even the card base. It was originally a 3.25×11″ piece that I scored and made into a 3.25 x 5.5 size top folding card. Scrap cards are also called “Scrapplings.” My soul purpose in making this card was to start using some of the die cut leaf vine branches I had cut out months ago to make THIS CARD. I had cut quite a few extra because they are quite fragile and I needed to make sure when at someones house with my shoebox project I had extras.

2015-01-14 (8)

To make the background I added distress stains to a craft sheet and spritzed with water. The butter-cream cardstock was dipped into the wet puddle and dried. Next I stamped the verse in black. I did this prior to embossing the trees so that I knew I’d have space for the words. I inked the trees with peeled paint distress ink pad.

Next I added the Woodland Branch; it was cut a total of 3 times. Twice from black and once from brown. These were all glued and stacked on top of each other. In this case I didn’t care if they glued pieces didn’t line up perfectly, they give a shadow look. I cut a few branches apart and added them to the original making a larger tree for the hefty bird to sit on.

The leaves were quite flimsy as it was not card stock but rather just scrap book paper. To help strengthen them, I glued two vines together.Lastly, I cut the leaves from the vine branch; adding leaf veins with a stylus and sponging the edges. Each leaf was added randomly to the branch with the larger leaves towards the bottom and smaller ones at the top.

More Scrappling cards will be on the way…look at all those vines in the first photo that I need to use up!

Thanks for stopping by today and as always your constructive comments are welcome.

Advertisements
4 Comments leave one →
  1. 2015/01/14 12:04 pm

    Bonnie, I love ALL of the details on this card. And that is such a cute little bird!

  2. 2015/01/14 12:27 pm

    Your cards are beautiful! I need to practice some of your techniques 🙂

    -Sarah
    http://www.catecrafts.wordpress.com

  3. 2015/01/15 1:05 pm

    Love this card…colors are fabulous

Trackbacks

  1. 2015-01-22; Repurposing a card kit or two | The Craftiblog

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: