Skip to content

2014-06-10 A gift from Maggi & experiment


The last time I saw my friend Maggi, she gave me a couple of Rubbernecker stamps. She told me that she couldn’t get it to stamp properly and it turned out in a big blob. I told her I’d give it a try and see what happens. This first image is just the single flower.

2014-06-06 (1)

The image on the left was my first attempt. It did turn out as a big blob just as Maggi described. I know I used too much water spray over the watercolor markers just before stamping. Rather than give up, I tried again with the 2nd image (on the right). I used much less water spray and got a much better image. I tried re-stamping over the 1st image and got a little definition by doing that.

2014-06-06 (3)

I decided to cover up my less than perfect stamping by using the lattice embossing folder by Stampin’ Up.

<a href=" (3)

By adding a scrap of ribbon and a border punch; it turned out to be a pretty design. I can see why Maggi was frustrated with this image. The other stamps I have from Rubbernecker are multi step stamps whereas this one is stamp once and you are done. I will continue to experiment and see how I can get better images with it.

3 Comments leave one →
  1. 2014/06/10 8:12 am

    Until I read the entire post, I thought it was a 2-step stamp. Your card turned out to be very pretty!

  2. chrissy bornfleth permalink
    2014/06/11 7:40 pm

    Looks like you did a great job with this stamp… I think it looks fantastic.

  3. Maggi G permalink
    2014/06/20 10:59 am

    You were far more successful than I was!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: