Skip to content

2013-11-24 Silk Flower & Burlap

2013/11/24

I have been doing non-stop Thanksgiving cards and needed a flower break.

A few weeks ago I found a stem of peachy colored roses for .75 cents. There were a little big for the card size I generally make, but into my cart it went. The background is embossed with Stampin Up’s square lattice folder.

I left the sentiment off for the time being and will add it when needed.

2013-11-22 (2)

I yanked off one of the flowers off of the stem and pulled it apart. I used all but two of the layers in this design. I used a tiny brad to hold it together and to the card base. I filled the center with a tiny ribbon rose.

The filler (background flowers) are also a purchase but from some time ago. I just snipped off a few bits and bobs along with some tulle. Even a die cut of wheat (Spellbinders) was added as well as the large flourish (Memory Box).

2013-11-22 (1)

The one lonely leaf is a hand crocheted leaf that I made a few years ago. If you’d like to see how that was done check out the Crocheted leaf tutorial HERE

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: