2013-01-06 Decorated Shipping Tag–Music!
I have just recently started working with shipping tags. I had so much fun with the first one that I thought I would work ahead onto the next theme, music. I should have known when I made the first one that I would want a 2nd one to keep for myself. Lesson learned and I won’t make that mistake with the next tag swap.
Here are a few of the supplies I used pictured below. I also used distress stains, plastic mirror material, shrink plastic, music embossing folder, ribbon, punches cord, twine, liquid pearls and old lace.
This is of course the close up of the twig wreath. Here you can see that I fussy glued 5 musical notes on top of each other. Then I sponged the edges with antique linen distress ink and added crackle medium to the surface. To make it stand away from the mirror material I added a double layer of 3-d mounting tape. You can also see some of the leaf additions, cricut cut babies breath with liquid pearls and the double bow.
This tag has the musical verse spaced somewhat in between the embossed music in the background. I also added some old lace to the bottom of the tag. To keep everything secure I added a backing to the tag and used eyelits to fasten each corner. That lace should never work its way out of that!
Once I had made the first tag you’ve just seen I liked it so well that I wanted to make a tag I could keep for myself. This time I remembered to take a photo of the tag prior to embellishing.
With the 2nd tag I used distress stains, distress ink, stenciling, rubber stamping, tissue tape, goosebumps texture spray and gold PearlEx to get the look you see here.
It has the same twig wreath but this time I punched tiny white flowers to add to it. This was after-all made from left-overs of the first tag and I needed to fill in the blank spots where you could see the base. The musical note is also fussy glued together however; on this one I used clear embossing powder and then sprinkled some gold glitter into the hot goo.
Here you can see the tiny flowers. I punched them out, molded them on a rubber mat with a stylus then added glitter glue to each of the centers. While the glue was still wet, I dropped a seed bead into the center.
To change things up on this 2nd tag I used some tissue tape (Tim Holtz); shrink plastic and the verse. I outlined the shrunk tag with 18K gold Krylon pen and then a tiny gold brad to hold it in place.
I hope these tags are the right size for the swap, I never really asked if there was a standard size I should be using. I honestly do not know which tag I like better but I suppose the first one made should go to my swap partner.