2012-11-04 Metal Duct Tape revisited.
Guess what I found in the bottom of a plastic storage bin? A roll of metal duct tape. Remember when we all ran out and bought that when Alcohol Inks first came out? I brought it out for a little fresh air and ink this morning and here is what I came up with.
And this is how I got to the finished card; by starting with the metal tape. Here you see the roll of tape, alcohol ink and a cotton ball. Thankfully I remembered to put on a rubber glove before I started. I attached the tape to a 1/4 piece of card stock then dripped some of the ink onto the cotton and pounced it on.
I sliced it into the width of the tape and just used that portion on my card front. Here you can see a Martha Stewart fence border punch turned upside down and used as the border and the dimension of the Liquid Pearls and embossed leaves. To bad the photo doesn’t pick up the metallic beauty.
I built the medallion using 2 different Nestability dies and a scored, folded medallion using my Scor-Pal. I’ve never used a rosette this way before and I must say; I like it! I’ve always just added a button for the middle.
This last view shows some of the dimension. Yep, this one will have to go into a padded envelope but the ahhhhhh factor will be worth it to the recipient, I’m sure.