2012-05-08 Mixed Bunch Poppies
Now that I look at all of the punches and dies that I used to create today’s offering, I guess it takes quite a few to make a floral arrangement.
I took the photo at an angle so you can see the texture clearly. The background is a silver piece of card stock that has been embossed using a Cuttlebug embossing folder. I rubbed the raised image with a blending tool to accent it. Next I added the lace and then the medallion. The verse is by TAC (The Angel Company).
The fun part of the card, arranging the bouquet. I started with the back ground leaves then added the flower buds. To make the green around the flower bud, I snipped off one of the leaves from it’s branch and just wrapped it around the base. There is something that looks like Babies Breath…this was cut with a Cricut from the cartridge Serenade. Rather than trying to cut out tiny pieces to adhere to the piece I painted the tiny tufts using acrylic paint. I tucked the different greenery in and around the flowers. At this point I still have not added the largest bloom.
To assemble the bloom I punched 3 of the Mixed Blossoms and sponged each edge making sure to sponge both sides. I used an extra jumbo size stylus and hand embossed each blossom until it “cupped.” For each layer I embossed harder making a more tightly formed cup. These were stacked and glued in place.
To make the flower center I punched snowflakes out of black. I folded each into quarters then glued in a circle exactly as the CRUMPLED FLOWERS IN THIS TUTORIAL. Once it was glued down to the flower’s center I dabbed here and there with 3-d glittered fabric paint.
It turned out quite bulky, meaning it will need to be packaged well in order for the recipient to get it without being squashed, but it is do-able. I showed this one to my husband; he normally he makes a polite comment. When I showed him this design he acted surprised and said “oh” and then that the colors were really rich. Almost like a gold star coming from him!